Monday, 21 April 2014

DIY Upholstery

The fabric wrapping the center console next to the hand brake was looking worn and unloved so I decided to take the material off and cover it with something that looked original.




I found a black felt at the local craft shop and began removing the old and tired material. It was glued on so I used a box cutter blade to get under and loosen the fabric.

Here's the original fabric on top of the new dark black felt.




Using fabric chalk, I outlined the shape of the new cover before cutting.



I then glued down the new cuts. making sure it fit properly. As you can see, the clips that hole this down are broken :(






Old v New


Finito



No comments:

Post a Comment